At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- Tackle some of Snowdonia’s classic ridges and scrambles while learning new skills and techniques
- Routes include Crib Goch, Tryfan North Ridge, Y Gribin, Seniors Ridge, Bristly Ridge and Llech Ddu Spur
- This weekend is for confident hillwalkers with a good level of fitness, a head for heights and those who want to take their hillwalking to the next level
- One of the most exhilarating weekends you will ever have in Snowdonia
Why choose Snowdon Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guides
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book Snowdonia Scrambling Weekend
Enjoy two days in Snowdonia developing the movement and technical skills required for tackling scrambling routes such as Crib Goch or Tryfan North Ridge. This weekend is for confident hill walkers who want to take their skills to the next level and explore rocky ridges, gullies and steep ground in safety. By the end of the weekend you will have gained valuable new skills, boosted your confidence and tackled some of Snowdonia’s legendary scrambling routes.
Dates for 2017:
- Saturday 12th – Sunday 13th August 2017 (fully booked)
- Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th September 2017 (3 remaining)
Dates for 2018:
- Saturday 14th April – Sunday 15th April 2018
- Saturday 19th May – Sunday 20th May 2018
- Saturday 16th June – Sunday 17th June 2018
- Saturday 14th July – Sunday 15th July 2018
- Saturday 18th August – Sunday 19th August 2018
- Saturday 15th September – Sunday 16th September 2018
Mid-week dates for 2018:
- Thursday 17th May – Friday 18th May 2018
- Thursday 14th June – Friday 15th June 2018
This weekend is aimed towards summer hill walkers who want to gain the skills and confidence required for tackling steep ground, tricky rocky lines and mountain ridges. The weekend will focus on movement skills and route finding on grade 1 scrambling ground giving you the skills and confidence to tackle routes yourself. Each day will provide a new set of challenges and experiences as you enjoy an exhilarating tour of Snowdonia’s best scrambling routes. The pace will be comfortable, the learning relaxed and we ensure you are comfortable with every aspect of scrambling. This walk will increase your confidence and develop the movement skills needed to tackle steep mountain terrain, ridges and follow grade 1 scrambling routes. To have an exhilarating, challenging and fun experience tackling scrambling routes in Snowdonia.
You will meet your group and mountain leader at the designated meeting point which will be highlighted in the event document after booking. After some safety briefings and a quick chat to determine everyone’s experience and aspirations you will head in to the Glyderau mountains to spend the day learning skills on some easier classic scrambling routes. The first day will be spent on the mountain and you will cover:
- Safe and confident movement techniques
- Route choice, assessing and planning
- Safeguarding and protecting other members of the group
- Tackling loose rock, gullies, descents, ridges and steep ground
The second day will focus on completing a longer mountain journey on one of the legendary multi-peak scrambling routes. The route will depend on the group and weather conditions but may include:
- The Snowdon Horseshoe (Crib Goch)
- Tryfan North Ridge and Bristly Ridge
- Llech Ddu Spur and scrambling in the Carneddau
Recent experience of summer hill walking in the UK. Some experience of easy scrambling or steep ground would be useful but is not essential. This is a challenging weekend with some serious exposure. If you’re unsure if this is right for you, please contact us before booking.
Spaces on this course are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the course. All the course information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘Book Now’.