At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- The perfect first-step in to the mountains for anyone lacking experience
- Practical course with real-life situations in the mountains
- Ideal course for complete beginners who want to start hillwalking but not sure where to start
- Eliminate the risk of accidents in the mountains and getting lost by learning valuable and essential skills
WHY CHOOSE SNOWDON WALKS?
- All our courses are led and taught by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- We specialise in organising mountain skill courses and walks – the mountains is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing this with you
- Our courses are run and taught in a fun, friendly and relaxed atmosphere
- We make sure that everything from booking your course to learning is as stress free and enjoyable as possible
Book Hillwalking Workshop for Beginners
This weekend is aimed at the complete beginner and tailored specifically around getting you started walking in the mountains.
If you feel you lack the skills, knowledge and experience but would love to start exploring the beautiful UK mountains safely and confidently then this weekend will give you the core skills. This weekend is ideal for someone who may have climbed Snowdon, or completed some easier low-level walks, and wants to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to get outside in to the mountains and be more adventurous.
You will spend the weekend with a fully qualified instructor who will take you from a complete novice to someone who is able to venture in to the mountains with friends and family confidently and competently. You will spend two days in the mountains of Snowdonia learning new skills and gaining a lot of confidence in the mountains.
The course will be extremely relaxed and conducted at a comfortable pace. The aim is to boost your confidence, give you a taste of hillwalking and develop those all-important skills.
The skills you will learn:
• Basics of using a map and compass
• Planning a route
• Following a route from a guidebook or magazine
• Gear choice and what to carry
• What to do in an emergency
• Fitness, nutrition and safety
• The weather and how to plan for it
What experience do I need?
None! If you spend your time looking at beautiful mountain images and want to explore but feel you don’t have any experience, then this course is for you. Aimed at the novice with no experience we will teach you all the skills needed to enjoy hillwalking.
Date for 2018:
Saturday 7th April – Sunday 8th April 2018
Saturday 12th May – Sunday 13th May 2018
Saturday 9th June – Sunday 10th June 2018
Saturday 7th July – Sunday 8th July 2018
Saturday 4th August – Sunday 5th August 2018
Saturday 8th September – Sunday 9th September 2018
The weekend workshop will be held near Betws y Coed, Snowdonia. You will need to book your own accommodation in this area.
What do I need to bring?
You will require comfy walking boots or trekking shoes, waterproofs, small rucksack and comfortable/warm clothing. A full kit list will be sent prior to the course.
This course is for complete beginners so we are not expecting you to be super fit. However, you will be in the hills for 5-6 hours a day and tackling some uphill sections so you must have a good level of walking fitness.
Cost of the weekend:
The full weekend costs just £85.00 … this does not include food or accommodation.