At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- See Snowdon at night – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Snowdon Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guides
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book Snowdon Moonlight Guided Walk
Experience Snowdon like never before. Standing on the summit at sunset will be an unforgettable experience, as will descending the mountain slopes by torchlight.
Dates for 2017
- Saturday 22nd April 2017 (fully booked)
- Saturday 20th May 2017
- Saturday 10th June 2017
- Saturday 8th July 2017
- Saturday 12th August 2017
- Saturday 9th September 2017
The walk will begin in Llanberis at dusk where you will meet your group and mountain leaders. After a friendly welcome chat with the group we will brief you on the evening ahead and ensure you are ready for the challenge. The walk begins at dusk, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset. The pace is relaxed and we have enough leaders so you don’t feel pressured to walk at the fastest pace. After enjoying a spectacular sunset from the summit we switch on our head torches and begin the descent in the dark back down the Llanberis Path.
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on the moonlight walk we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia.
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.