At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- See Snowdon at night – climb at dusk, enjoy the sunset on the summit and then descend in the dark
- Enjoy the popular Llanberis Path and summit Snowdon at a quieter time – no crowds, no queues, no noise
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness and walkers who want to experience their first mountain walk at night
- Perfect for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
Why choose Snowdon Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guides
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book Snowdon Moonlight & Sunrise Guided Walks
Experience Snowdon like never before on one of our Moonlight or Sunrise guided walks. These events are professionally organised guided walks and you will be in a group led by an experienced Snowdon Walks Mountain Leader. These are our most popular events and we run just a few walks each year. Climb Snowdon in he dark, watch a beautiful sunset or sunrise and experience Snowdon like never before!
Moonlight (Sunset) Dates for 2017 & 2018
- Saturday 8th July 2017
- Saturday 12th August 2017
- Saturday 9th September 2017
- Saturday 14th April 2018
- Saturday 19th May 2018
- Saturday 16th June 2018
- Saturday 14th July 2018
- Saturday 18th August 2018
- Saturday 15th September 2018
Sunrise (Including Solstice) Dates for 2018
- Thursday 21st June 2018 (00:15am start)
The Snowdon Moonlight/Sunset Guided Walk
The moonlight walk begins early evening, aiming to summit Snowdon, via the Llanberis Path, just before sunset. The pace is relaxed and we have enough leaders so you don’t feel pressured to walk at the fastest pace. After enjoying a spectacular sunset from the summit we switch on our head torches and begin the descent in the dark back down the Llanberis Path.
The Snowdon Sunrise Guided Walk
You will meet your guides and group in the very early hours of the morning. You will climb Snowdon in the dark via the Llanberis Path with your head torch lighting the way. We aim to be on the summit for sunrise to witness one of the most spectacular views you will ever see (weather depending). Once the sun is up we turn off our head torches and start the descent back to Llanberis.
All the walks will begin in Llanberis where you will meet your group and mountain leaders. After a friendly welcome chat with the group we will brief you on the walk ahead and ensure you are ready for the challenge.
A Quiet Snowdon Summit
Snowdon is generally a very busy mountain, often with long queues at the summit, but on these walks we will have the mountain to ourselves. This is a rare opportunity to experience Snowdon when it is quiet and enjoy some of the most beautiful views across Snowdonia.
Spaces on these walks are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.