At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- The Yorkshire Three Peaks is one of the best walking challenges in the UK
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience the Yorkshire Three Peaks as a group
- Explore the beautiful Yorkshire Dales and summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough on this 25 mile circuit
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
Why Choose Snowdon Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guide
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. This mountain is our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book Yorkshire Three Peaks
Covering 25 miles and over 5,000 feet of ascent through the idyllic Yorkshire Dales, you will be faced with steep climbs and rocky terrain as you summit the peaks of Pen-y-ghent, Whernside and Ingleborough in under 12 hours.
Dates for 2017:
- Saturday 8 April 2017
- Saturday 13 May 2017
- Saturday 10 June 2017
- Saturday 29 July 2017
- Saturday 26 August 2017
- Saturday 23 September 2017
Starting in the pleasant village of Horton in Ribblesdale you will meet the group and mountain leaders for a pre-walk briefing before heading off in your groups. Please note that this will be an early start (around 7am). Full details of start times and meeting points will be sent after booking.
You will tackle the three peaks in an anti-clockwise direction, starting with Pen-y-ghent (694m), Whernside (736m) and finishing with Ingleborough (723m). On the walk you will enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery England has to offer and take in the splendor of the famous Ribblehead Viaduct.
The walk takes up to 12 hours to complete and our team of experienced mountain leaders will be with you every step of the way. Our Mountain Leaders are first aid trained, knowledgeable and will ensure you have a fantastic experience tackling this legendary challenge.
You will meet the Snowdon Walks team and other group members in the village on Horton in Ribblesdale. Times may change depending on the time of year but expect to start at 7am and finish at 7pm. Full location information including maps and driving instructions will be sent nearer the time. BD24 0HE is the nearest postcode and can be used to find local accommodation. As the event starts early then we highly recommend staying the night before.
The Yorkshire Three Peaks challenge requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 12 hours (with 3 hills to climb too). You will need quality hillwalking clothing that is suitable for this level of walking. A full kit list will be sent after booking.
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.