At A Glance
WHY CHOOSE THIS WALK?
- The Great Langdale Challenge is a unique walking adventure and a great way to tackle a long, multi-peak adventure alongside a professional guide
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience this challenge as a small group
- Discover this beautiful area of the Lake District
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
WHY CHOOSE SNOWDON WALKS?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- We specialise in organising guided group walks and courses. These mountains are our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book The Great Langdale Challenge
The Great Langdale Challenge takes you on a high-level journey across the Great Langdale Valley summiting 8 peaks including the iconic Langdale Pikes. A tough 16-mile route across a truly beautiful area of the Lake District offering fantastic walking and breathtaking views. This challenge will test your physical endurance and mental strength as we climb these spectacular mountains and traverse the valley end- to-end. This is a walking adventure you will always remember.
The challenge will start and finish in Elterwater which is a couple of miles from Ambleside. Full challenge information including kit list, timings and location will be emailed to you in the next couple of weeks.
Dates for 2018:
Friday 11th May 2018
Sunday 10th June 2018
Friday 3rd August
Saturday 8th September 2018
Solo or teams:
This event is open to solo walkers and small teams. All groups will be led by an experience mountain leader who will be with you every step of the way.
The peaks include:
Silver How 395m, Blea Rigg 541m, Pavey Arc 700m, Thunacar Knott 723m, Harrison Stickle 736m, Loft Crag 680m, Pike of Stickle 709m and Rossett Pike 651m.
The Great Langdale Challenge requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 10 hours and tackle the 1,687m+ of ascent. We highly recommend training for this challenge and ensuring you are physically and mentally ready. You will need quality hillwalking clothing that is suitable for this level of walking. A full kit list will be sent after booking.
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.