At A Glance
Why choose this walk?
- The Coledale 10 Challenge is a unique walking challenge and a great way to tackle a long, multi-peak adventure
- Join other like-minded walkers and experience this challenge as a small group
- Discover this fantastic side of the Lake District
- Each group will be led by experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Leaders
- Fantastic challenge for small groups, couples, friends, individuals, and families
- Ideal for beginners with a good level of fitness
Why Choose Snowdon Walks?
- All walks are led and accompanied by fully qualified, experienced and knowledgeable Mountain Guide
- We specialise in organising guided group walks. These mountains are our passion and we love nothing more than sharing it with you
- We make sure that everything from booking your walk to reaching the summit is as stress free as possible
- Our job is to make sure you leave with some amazing memories and an experience you will never forget
Book Coledale 10 Challenge
The Coledale 10 is a unique hillwalking challenge in the Lake District. A tough 13 mile circular route tackling 10 peaks and a whopping 1,877m of ascent. This is also a truly beautiful area of the Lake District offering fantastic walking and breathtaking views. This challenge will test your physical endurance and mental strength as we climb these spectacular mountains.
The challenge will start and finish in the village of Braithwaite which is a couple of miles from Keswick. Full challenge information including kit list, timings and location will be emailed to you in the next couple of weeks.
Dates for 2018:
- Friday 20th April 2018
- Thursday 24th May 2018
- Saturday 9th June 2018
- Friday 29th June 2018
- Saturday 30th June 2018
- Friday 27th July 2018
- Friday 24th August 2018
- Friday 7th September 2018
- Saturday 22nd September 2018
Solo or teams:
This event is open to solo walkers and small teams. A great way to raise some money for a chosen charity as well. All groups will be led by an experience mountain leader who will be with you every step of the way.
The peaks include:
Barrow 455m, Outerside 568m, Causey Pike 637, Scar Crags 672, Sail 773m, Crag Hill 839m, Wandope 772m, Grasmoor 852m, Hopegill Head 770m and Grisedale Pike 791m.
The Coledale 10 Challenge requires a good level of fitness and you will need to be able to walk for up to 10 hours and tackle the 1,800m+ of ascent. We highly recommend training for this challenge and ensuring you are physically and mentally ready. You will need quality hillwalking clothing that is suitable for this level of walking. A full kit list will be sent after booking.
Spaces on this walk are available on a first-come, first-served basis. We require a 35% deposit to reserve a place and the remaining balance is due 4 weeks prior to the walk. All the walk information will be emailed to you once your place has been confirmed. This will include all the details you need, including start and finish times, location details, parking information, and what you need to prepare and bring with you.
To book a place, select your chosen date on the calendar above and click ‘book now’.